Rainbow Tribe is no longer in operation. Due to other committments I am no longer making rainbow clothing or other items to sell. Sorry to disappoint. If you want to know where to buy rainbow gear or where to buy rainbow fabric/ribbon/motifs etc, you can email me at dykes.with.tykes@hotmail.com











Thursday 15 January 2009

Read this before ordering!

I just wanted to mention a couple of things about ordering from my website.

1. I hand make pretty much everything on the site. I don't make the bags from scratch or most of the t-shirts however I buy these from an interstate supplier and then print them myself. It takes up to 6 business days to receive interstate goods.

2. I don't have much stock on hand ready to send when orders are placed - I have to make them as orders come in. I may have some things made that I sell at markets but other things I make as they are ordered. If I get a number of orders at once I will do the quick and easy stuff first and then the more time consuming products second. Sometimes the fabric I use is unavailable (currently rainbow polar fleece), in which case I will let you know so you can either wait until I am able to source it again or you may change or cancel your order.

3. Because of the points above, there can be a delay of up to two weeks before I send your goods to take into account receiving interstate supplies, time taken to make goods and to, you know, be a wife, mother, friend and employee of the Government of our fine country. Some days I am not able to sew due to my health (I have rheumatoid arthritis which affects my hands - don't worry, I have good drugs so don't feel guilty) and other days I am just plain lazy. :-)

4. If you want or need something quickly, let me know when you order so I can do my best to get it to you on time for the event. If you want something sent quicker than a standard satchel from Australia Post (approx 3-6 working days) then please specify you want an express (next day) satchel and please add $5 to your total order to cover the extra cost.

5. If you are ordering from overseas, please be kind and add $10AUD to the total cost of your order (not for each item) to cover postage. I am sure you are aware that it costs a fair bit to sent packages overseas. I am not able to distinguish postage costs based on location using PayPal. Thank you for your cooperation!

6. If you don't like using PayPal and would prefer to use direct debit or pay by cheque, please send me an email with your order and I will send you banking details or my mailing address. I will dispatch your order when payment has been cleared into my account.

7. None of this is supposed to deter you from ordering - quite the opposite! I LOVE making my rainbow gear and I especially love it when customers get back to me to let me know how much they like them. I like it even more when they send pics! I just wanted to give you a bit of a realistic idea of what happens when you place an order and not to expect it to arrive the next day.

8. If you want to contact me before or after ordering, please email me at dykes.with.tykes@hotmail.com If you would prefer to speak to me over the phone, please send me your phone number and I will call you. I am not overly keen to put my phone numbers up on the website, as I am sure you can appreciate.

Happy shopping!

Cheers
Marijke

No comments: