Rainbow Tribe is no longer in operation. Due to other committments I am no longer making rainbow clothing or other items to sell. Sorry to disappoint. If you want to know where to buy rainbow gear or where to buy rainbow fabric/ribbon/motifs etc, you can email me at dykes.with.tykes@hotmail.com











Sunday 14 September 2008

More Monkey Business



Here is Gabrielle playing with all three Rainbow Monkeys - Ruthie Red, Miss Claire Blue and Benoit Black.

I have been looking around my sewing room and I seem to have an awful lot of fabric that is just lying around unused since I started making everything in rainbow stripes. Almost everything else is in a bright colour to match the rainbow stripes so I thought I would start to make some products in these other fabrics to sell at the markets too. As I don't have a regular supply of these other fabrics, you will only be able to buy them at the markets as I'd hate to post something on the web and then be unable to deliver for you if I run out.

We went and had a stroll around the Old Bus Depot Markets this morning. It is a must-see market in Canberra held every Sunday. I have thought about having a stall there for a while and I think I am ready to approach them for an appointment. While it has been good to be at the Baby and Kids Markets, they only happen every few months and the people who come are mostly looking for bargains on second-hand items.

Everyone in our house has been sick lately. Not just a sniffle, but really really sick. Bed-ridden sick. It has been awful. I have missed out on singing with Qwire, Gabby has missed a lot of childcare and neither Tanya or I have had a full week at work for what seems like months. Luckily we have patient bosses!

Hope you and yours are well and happy!

Marijke

No comments: